November 4, 2022

28

 

It has been a while since I last wrote a post on getting a year older on my actual birth-day. I have been thinking a lot on about what I should write or share, but then there is this many words and thoughts in my head and I do not even know where to begin. 

Today is the first page of being 28 and to be honest, I do not feel old, age is just a number and with that number, there comes experiences, lessons, growth and so much more. I have been a tad bit overwhelmed to see 27 slip behind me, because it was a good time in my life, there was so much growth around this year, it feels so special yet very bittersweet, so indeed, I am a little sad to see it go but at the same time I am grateful for what this number has added to my life, especially happiness.

Over the course of a year, exactly a year ago today, I have been thinking, more like overthinking and analyzing what can I do to make this ‘day’ feel different and/or special? It is a question I always ask myself and somehow, I always end up going back to that little girl I used to be, the one who didn't like birthdays, nor celebrating it, and just thinks of it as another passing day and that has not changed at all. Days, maybe weeks prior this ‘special’ date, I always get a little sad, melancholic and emotional too. In fact, I've felt this way and cried too much to be honest the past few days. I see people around get exicted, ask such questions like what am I planning to do that day or if I'm going to do something, and I just simply can't feel the same way about it. I can't seem to get any answers yet. Besides that, I always tend to look back into retrospective, and see what I achieved and what not, etc., but since last year, I started looking more on the positive rather than negative, and in one year I’ve changed and I’ve grown too, that sometimes it does really scare me a lot, but it makes me so happy at the same time. 

For that reason, I have been thinking of ways on how I can make the last chapters of my 20's, better. If you were to ask me as a kid, I had a different type of mindset, I don't know why one would think as being in their 30's as if you were that really old of a person. I've come to accept this fate, this truth and while my 20's hasn't been that exciting, I think of my 30's as the second chapter of my 20's.  

Majority of my 20's, I spent it between being an undergrad and also an unemployed, this last one doesn't bother me, in fact, these four years has been the best ones of my life, especially the fact of spending it with my family, treasuring every single second with them and I am way beyond grateful for that. I have learned, I have grown and I have become a more mature woman and I could not be more thankful. I also do think I've consolided relationships, more like friendships. I don't have to have that many, but I'm happy with the people I've met and consider my friends now, which I think that's hard when you're in your 20's. 

Since last year, I decided I wanted to let go of so many things, and I still keep on doing so to this day. Regards myself, I am still a work in progress, trying to improve every day, to grow too, seeking happiness and finding joy even in the small of smallest things in life. I am really excited this time 'round. Two years short to 30, that will happen in the blink of an eye because this is life and life just speeds on. In the meantime, I am just thankful to have another year behind me and another ahead, also of being alive, healthy and happy and I do think that this is all that matters. I will try my best to worry less and continue on living my life the way I have been, and hopefully one day I'll get the answers to my questions and prolly look at this day with different eyes, and attitude as well! Lol! 

Cheers to being 28! I will keep on living well and trying my best! I'm excited for what this number is going to add to my life! 

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, dear!
    Wishing you all the best!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Congratulation on a new age. I agree...time moves fast in a blink of an eye. This is why i love taking things one step at a time and try to experience the most in life. Not dwelling on what would have been and focus on what is happening at the moment.

    Annie,
    Annies Food Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post as per always, Melissa! I wish you a happy birthday! May all your dreams come true! Hope you had a lovely day with your loved ones! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Melissa! May the winds always be at your back, and you are so kind and lovely. Thank you for your comment for my dog , Goro, on my blog<3
    akiko
    https://kimonosnack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome or welcome back to my blog. ✨

Thank you SO much for stopping by, reading and even leaving a comment. It always makes me SO happy to read your comments and I try my best to reply back as soon as I can.

Spam WILL be deleted. Please remember to be kind and friendly. 🤍

xo
ℳ.

Copyright @ MELISSA CUENTAS LABRADOR 2024.