March 15, 2024

My Go-To 'Natural' Makeup — The Latte Makeup

 



I don't remember when I started wearing makeup, I'm pretty sure it was around when I was 17 or 18 years old, and yes, I know, I started a bit 'late', nowdays girls start wearing make-up at such an early age. Anyway, I've been the type of person to not use that many makeup products nor wear makeup on the daily basis and I love that for me. I've been using the same products throughout the years, sticking to face powder, blush, mascara and eyeshadow for my brows and a lip balm or lipstick. 

Around pandemic or even way before that, there was this girl I started following on Youtube for her makeup tutorials, and then, I also followed a make up artist too, but truth to be told is that no matter how many tutorials I watch, I end up using the same products, not to mention I've been on the verge of buying more products and seeing how expensive makeup has gotten and then I end up expending my money in other things I do actually need plus as stated before, I really feel comfortable with it and I would be the happiest if I didn't have to wear any makeup, haha. 

But lately, not only I've been into wanting to dress properly but also put some extra effort into my makeup which again consists of no more than five products., because again, I'm just a very simple person, and less is more for me, again, I wish I didn't have to wear any make-up at all which by the way, I only put on makeup on Sundays, so that's basically once a week, four times a month and 52 times a year, right? AH-MAH-ZING. Anywho, it was this year, maybe around almost end January, I 'upgraded' my makeup look. I've always been into 'neutrals' and warm colours. I'm also not the type of person that goes for pink blush, I truly dislike how it looks on me, and even though I still love pink I'd rather wear it on clothes than on my makeup. 

Before getting started, this bronzed look also known as The Latte Makeup is all about giving skin a beautiful, sultry bronzed appereance, using warm and brown hues. Also it's said to get that perfect and post-vacation, summer glow effect. Now, this latte makeup is done but my way and using the products I currently have which are mostly from a Colombian brand 'Cosméticos Vogue' plus a lippy borrowed from my mom from Maxfactor. 


1. Face: I apply face powder - in natural shade all over my face with a brush after having washed it, you know, all about starting with a clean and blank canvas (and no, I don't use skincare nor primer, etc.) 

2. Eyebrows: I first brush them up and then with a small angled brush and using a camel (brown) eyeshadow, I start from middle-to-end (tip) of my brow and then with what's left I do the rest of my brow, kind of like doing a degrade type of thing. After that, I brush them up one more time as it helps to remove excess of product too, so they're even. 

3) Eyes: As mentioned on the graphic, I no longer wear mascara because I think I may be getting allergy reactions to it. So, I've stopped using it. Instead, I try to 'lash curl them' but the effect doesn't last long. I am still getting used to it tho or it may just be time for me to get another lash lifting then and problem solved for a few weeks. 

Note: Another way to do this latte makeup, is adding brown eyeshadow on your eyes, but I really don't put anything on my eyes area. That's why I said this was done 'my way'. :)

4. Blush: Here's the tip and secret. I now use two of them to achieve this 'bronzed' effect but also this facelift with makeup aka blush, especifically

The first one the bronze duo powder which I've been borrowing from my mom lately (time to buy it for myself back again). I have always used the lighter shade, so for this look, I still use it. I apply it on the highest points of my face to create lift, that means I make sure to go high on the temples of the cheek with blush. Then I do my nose and around my forehead with the what's left on the brush as well as in my jawline. Kind of like a 'contour'.

With the second blush in bronze color, I repeat the exact same thing I did on step no.3. So, my face looks a little even and with a slightly hint of color but also get this natural bronzed / sunburnt look without actually being.  

5. Lips: I then add Max Factor Color Fast Lipstick - in Avellana cream color.


And that's it! As you can see there's no need for having tens and hundreds of makeup products to achieve a certain look but this is what has worked and works for me. I also don't think the photos do it any justice to the makeup, but I just wanted to share it here as well for a different type of blog post. 


Here's me 'round mid February and loving one more time my makeup look that I rapidly grabbed my mom's phone and snapped some selfies. I really but really love it SO much. And this floral green top has been a favorite of mine lately, not only the top but the color itself too, I have been having a hard time finding out the specific name color of it. yellow green? lime green? pea soup green color, mayhap? Just absolutely stunning! Also in both 'selfies' I've been wearing some Aliexpress earrings, my best friend Mina gave me for my birthday last year, and my favorites out of the many she gave me that came in as a set. I always end up wearing these from time to time. Also, they haven't tarnished at all. I'm very careful with my clothes, shoes and even accessories, so I make sure not to spray them with perfume and keep them safe.

PS: I love editing my photos like this for Instagram, especially if it's a life-lately photo dump / carrousel type of post. I just re-edited the text a bit to share it here as well. ;-) 

What do you think about this? Also, how about your go-to makeup? No makeup at all? Do you try to keep it natural and minimal or do you put a lot more effort into it? Let me know in the comment box below. Until next time! xx

8 comments:

  1. You're such a natural beauty! I love reading real women's routines when it comes to make-up.
    I really enjoy the process of applying lipstick & mascara, penciling in my brows and applying blusher, even if I'm going nowhere its like cleaning my teeth, face on and i'm ready to start the day. I'm not very well versed in make-up trends but the Latte Effect sounds like the look I look - sun bronzed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Vix! I'm very flattered, hehe! I love reading that too or watching videos in short format. Oh, so you do your make-up everyday? my mom does the exact same thing and I have some grand-aunties who also do that as well. My maternal grandma was too plus she would add a red lipstick and my great-grandma same thing too. I guess it's a family thing but I am just the opposite, haha! Neither am I but I saw this trend and I realized it's kind of similar to what I like and look like when I do my makeup! xx

      Delete
  2. So beautiful, Melissa! I wasn't expecting this type of post. I loved it SO much, what a beauty you are! I personally do more skincare rather than makeup, but if I do, I add some color by putting on a bit of blush, a lippy and do my brows plus mascara. But for the most part, it's skincare including sunscreen! Also, that green top really suits you, it looks so stunning on you. I love it! Have a beautiful weekend! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Mikayla! I am beyond happy to hear (read) that. That's awesome. I love that for you. I think you may love my upcoming beauty blog post then. (hint: skincare) I always have a hard time with sunscreen, they always give me allergy when doing makeup or makes my face look a lot oilier than normal and I really don't like that effect. Aww, thank you. I love that color too! I hope you're off to a great start of the week! xo

      Delete
  3. Latte makeup, so chic! You look absolutely lovely!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Make up looks natural and very pretty

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome or welcome back to my blog. ✨

Thank you SO much for stopping by, reading and even leaving a comment. It always makes me SO happy to read your comments and I try my best to reply back as soon as I can.

Spam WILL be deleted. Please remember to be kind and friendly. 🤍

xo
ℳ.

Copyright @ MELISSA CUENTAS LABRADOR 2024.