April 5, 2024

Stripe Up

 




Today's outfit is probably one of my favorite March looks as well as of 2024. First of all, the real MVP of this post and outfit is my best friend, Mina. As I've mentioned it before, she surprised me last year with lots of birthday gifts, including also the earrings, the sunglasses and this cardigan. 

I was in the hunt for a cardigan like this or something similar, I remember even loving one (it was striped too) when I was at a store but quality-wise, it was not approved by me so I saved up my money. I had also spotted another one (in black) where I've been currently shopping online from but I wish I had looked up earlier their cardigan's section, so I could've grabbed it with what I bought back in October, it was all black and I loved it so much to the point I had even imagined it wearing it with that black pleated midi skirt, I really had the whole outfit planned but your girl was broke and it then went out of stock too. 

So, when I got all of my happy mails/packages, this was the last one to arrive, I loved it and her very kind gesture too and I told her, how I wanted something like it. I checked it minusciously and it's very thick. Barranquilla is not that cold city, we have this very 'chill' breezes but it's a warm city throughout the year with its usual rain seasons, so I was waiting to wear it during those 'chill' breezes or somewhere with air conditioner, other wise, I would fry myself up and just like dad even said, it's snowing. . . but snowing hot flames, yes, it's been really hot lately

The cardigan was stored in my closet for a long while (just around 3 months), and I tried playing around with my digital capsule wardrobe to create different outfit options, and this one was the best I could come up with. I honestly am not a huge fan of white or stripes, but I felt comfortable wearing it as I have this black and white striped top too, so slowly adding that color into my wardrobe, even if it's just on prints. 


🖤ೀ HOW DID IT WEAR IT? 🤍ೀ

I wore a v-neck spaghetti strap top, very basic too which I then tucked in on my black jeans, then added the cardigan as a second layer, wore my black block heeled sandals and my crossbody bag which has some gold details to it as well as the cardigan buttons were gold too, so I opted for my gold watch and gold earrings plus the sunglasses were just for the photos. Also, I wanted to add a belt, but I don't know why these jeans - which are high waisted btw - are now too tight on me. So, wearing a belt would mean, it would be a lot tighter and to be honest, I didn't want that, maybe it's time to upgrade and get new jeans? I don't know. I really can't wait to style it different ways. I've got these cream/beige jeans, and would love to give it a try yet again they're also too tight on my waist area, haha. We shall see. :') 


Outfit details

Cardigan: *gifted - aliexpress (similar options: here) | Top: Stradivarius *old season | Jeans: Stradivarius (wearing Jeans mom slim - the original) | Shoes: Calzacosta | Earrings *gifted (aliexpress) | Sunglasses: *gifted (aliexpress) | Crossbody bag: bebe *gifted 


PS: I was meaning to share this post last Sunday (March 31st) but I got sick, thankfully I had this in my drafts and it just needed some tweaks here and there. Feeling a lot better as I write this. 

Also, excuse my photos. As I mentioned it before, I have  a hard time now taking my own photos, so you should expect selfies or headless shots in these posts aka not your typical outfit post. ;)

Last but no least, as always, if I don't post here, you can find me on Instagram, I tend to be a little bit but not too active in there as well. Hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend! Until next time! xx

11 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful, Melissa! I really loved this look, and what a good friend your best friend is, such a kind gesture from her. I've seen people wear this stripe cardigan, so you can wear/style it different ways, either with blue jeans or a pair of trousers, with sandals or sneakers, it can be dressed up or down. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it! I am happy to know you're feeling a lot better now, hope you get some rest and take care of yourself. Have a nice day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Mikayla! I know, I have come across with different images/style inspo on Pinterest and can't wait to wear it different ways, so sure I'll have loads of fun. Thank you and yes, feeling a lot lot better now! Sending lots of love to your way! xo

      Delete
  2. Hello Melissa! That's a very Chanel-type look with the chain strap bag, gold buttons and the black and white stripes. I love the arty angled shops, I'm absolutely useless at taking Selfies, I'm lucky to have an obliging boyfriend to take outfit photos for me.
    Maybe those jeans have just shrunk in the wash? Definitely invest in some new ones if you can, life's too short for restrictive clothing.
    Sorry that you've been ill and glad you're feeling better now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vix! I hope you are doing really well! That's exactly what my best friend said and I can totally see it. I appreciate it, to be honest I prefer being behind the camera rather than in front of it but I try my best and yes, consider yourself quite lucky. As an introvert, getting photos taken by someone else either at home or in public, it makes me quite uncomfortable, so I take them mostly when I am (home) alone.
      That could of have happened perhaps, I don't know, but you're right, I already have a few on my wishlist, I hope I can get them very soon.
      Yes, I caught a cold. I rarely ever get sick but usually drastic weather changes/temperatures affect me, especially in my tonsils but thanks God and the medicine, I'm doing a lot better! Have a lovely day and rest of the week! xxx

      Delete
  3. The minimalistic, classy gold jewellery and a striped black and white cardigan with gold statement buttons is such a Chanel classic combo, love it! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Jelena! I am glad to know you loved it, I truly appreciate it! ♥ xo

      Delete
  4. Hello!

    What a lucky girl! You've got quite a friend, she's given you some lovely presents! I have to tell you that I loved your photos, and the way you put this post together! As for your look, it's very Parisian, very chic! You look like a French girl from head to toe! I love it!
    xoxo
    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marissa! Yes, I am and more than lucky I would say blessed plus the fact that's a long distance friendship makes it quite unique and special too, so even this meant a lot to me as I was not expecting it from her! Thank you SO much, really. I know these ain't the usual and most common outfit photos but reading this makes me feel better and a lot happier, as mentioned before, a different type of post! :)
      What a compliment, I feel very flattered *blushing*. hehe! :)
      I hope you've been doing well! Sending you lots of love! Have a lovely day and rest of the week! xo

      Delete
  5. The outfit looks elegant. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome or welcome back to my blog. ✨

Thank you SO much for stopping by, reading and even leaving a comment. It always makes me SO happy to read your comments and I try my best to reply back as soon as I can.

Spam WILL be deleted. Please remember to be kind and friendly. 🤍

xo
ℳ.

Copyright @ MELISSA CUENTAS LABRADOR 2024.